The average person spends over 90,000 hours at work in their lifetime. This is obviously a huge portion of our lives. Those hours aren't just about making money anymore, they are about being a part of a team, making a contribution to your community, and feeling proud of what you do at the end of the day by Creating A Remarkable Experience for those around you - other Staff AND Clients.
The Grounds Guys of Abbotsford respects your need for flexible scheduling, your need to feel like you are part of a great team, your need to create and maintain something beautiful, and your need to give back to the community. We have numerous positions available right now, and we are looking for great people with a positive attitude, that want to contribute to a hard working team.
At The Grounds Guys® we believe in giving everyone a shot. That’s why we have flexible hours to help you navigate the other things in your life – like school, family or even another job. As a member of the Ground Guys team you perform landscape maintenance and design at high levels of quality and service. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all customers and employees. You are self-motivated, thrive in fast moving environments, and are able to manage time to effectively meet deadlines. You have proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers.
- Performs landscape maintenance duties such as mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming, and pruning
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, line trimmers and hand tools
- Performs landscape enhancement activities such as mulch application, plantings, lawn seeding
- Addresses clients' questions, comments, and concerns or refers clients to the Team Leader as appropriate
- Assists Team Leader with route and job planning and organization, thereby ensuring sufficient resources and materials are readily available
- Assists with equipment maintenance and repair under supervision of the Team Leader
- Applies chemicals under the direction of a licensed applicator, and with all required protective equipment
- Performs other duties as required
- Valid Driver's License with clean record - need to get to our site each day for our Morning Start
- Willingness to work occasional (paid) overtime
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to waist level and perform all other physical requirements associated with a position of this nature
Benefits: as per above
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow up!
When you put on The Grounds Guys® uniform, you become part of a team—local experts who strive to treat everyone with respect, do the job the right way, and simply enjoy life in the process. Working for our franchises means they’ll take care of you the way they take care of their own family and friends. And cultivating a culture of CARE, among the team and within the communities, is as important as trimming hedges and planting flower beds—it’s part of everything The Grounds Guys do.
*All independently owned and operated franchised businesses operate under the service brands’ marks, trademarks, trade names, logos, emblems, slogans, or other indicia of origin in connection with The Grounds Guys® franchise system within a specified geographical area. Only the independently owned and operated franchised business shall have any interaction with or authority for its business and make all employment related decisions related to its franchised business.