Landscape Maintenance Technician
Specific qualifications we are expecting in this job role:
- You must provide a reliable and working phone number and email address on your application to be considered for this position
- You are considered a leader by former employers and can be counted on for managing our day to day services to our clients
- You have one year or more in the field of Lawn Maintenance Operations and Landscaping, (if you do not have this experience, please do not apply)
- You are responsible for managing a team of people on a route truck each day while helping to perform the delivery of services.
- You have a strong work ethic and can manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- You have excellent communications skills with supervisors, employees, and former customers you have worked with in the past.
- Perform landscape maintenance duties in any given day per the schedule such as mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming, and pruning
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chainsaws, line trimmers, and tillers.
- Must have a current valid Alabama Driver’s License with no moving or other violations
- Must be able to perform landscape enhancement activities such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding and other as directed by Manager
- Address clients' questions, comments, and concerns on site if asked by the customer
- You must have your own reliable transportation
- You must arrive on time each day, no excuses
- You must be able to consistently work and report to this job every day during the required scheduled week without any time or personal problems interfering with the prepared schedule for that week.
- You must wear required safety equipment and uniforms given by the manager
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to waist level and perform all other physical requirements associated with a position of this nature, bending, standing, walking for long periods of time during the workday
- This position requires working in outside temperatures that will be hot and humid in the summer and colder in the fall land winter months for delivering required services to our customers.
One final thought: If you are not available to follow through for a phone interview should we contact you, or cannot show up for an agreed interview time, then we ask you to please reconsider your application process for this position.
At The Grounds Guys® we believe in giving everyone a shot. That’s why we have flexible hours to help you navigate the other things in your life – like school, family or even another job. And there’s potential for everyone to grow within an independently owned and operated The Grounds Guys® franchise and make a career out of it. All in a culture that’s as tight as family. Apply today.
The Grounds Guys LLC is the franchisor of the The Grounds Guys® franchised system. Each The Grounds Guys® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, The Grounds Guys LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent The Grounds Guys® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither The Grounds Guys LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)