Production Manager (Full time – Salary)
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the Grounds Guys workforce and ensures that we are delivering a fanatically amazing experience of grounds care services to our customers from introduction through contract activation. These responsibilities include, among other matters, the following:
Reports to: General Manager
- The Production Manager must possess a valid Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- A qualified candidate should have minimum of 8 years of hands-on field experience with 5 years of prior management and supervisory experience
- A two or four year degree in a landscape related degree, general degree with coursework in the landscape field, or certification by a landscape association is preferred.
- Willing to be the first person on site as well as the last person offsite
- Requires a high level of decision making each day
Key Performance Indicators:
- 75% year over year (full time) staff retention
- 80% year over year customer retention (maintenance contracts)
- 22% or less indirect labour cost
- 45% or more Gross Profit Margin averaged at year end
- Average of 35-40% Labour ratio
Business Development Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, living out our Code of Care as a representative of this company and of its ownership.
- Contribute to company sales through lead generation, account management and maximizing upsell opportunities when they are present.
- Daily opening of facility and conducting morning HUDDLE
- Recruitment and Selection of Team Leaders and Members
- Responsible for operational training of Team Leaders and Members through Orientation and training events and on the job experience
- Review jobs with sales department prior to final bid to ensure successful project completion and installation.
- Major influencer in setting budgets for COGS and equipment upgrades
- Supervise daily tracking and posting of actual job hours to budgeted hours and report to the General Manager for jobs running over and how to correct.
- Schedule labor and equipment minimum of one week prior to actual work
- Track and Maintain an indirect labour rate of no more than 22% of all labour
- Review Team Leaders worksheets authenticating accuracy of materials and labor used and turn into the administrative assistant.
- Conduct personnel reviews of Team Leaders and Members
- Make sure Team Leaders and Members understand and adhere to company policy, procedures and goals.
- Oversee safety and determine if employees are qualified to drive and operate equipment
- Manage general maintenance and appearance of landscape trucks and all equipment
- Conduct site visits and generate VIEW reports in GGPro
- In winter the Production Manager may operate equipment, which may include, but is not limited to: Pickup or larger Truck with Plow and Spreader, Loader
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- The nature of snow & ice management can be compared to an emergency response system. The snow event must be anticipated and managed. This requires the Production Manager to be available and in town, December through February unless otherwise arranged with supervisor.
- He/She must be able to schedule adequate sleeping patterns and control consumption of alcohol so as to be rested and mentally alert, and not under the influence of alcohol, at the beginning of each shift.
- He/she may be required to work long shifts of more than 12 hours at a time in the winter months
The Grounds Guys LLC is the franchisor of the The Grounds Guys® franchised system. Each The Grounds Guys® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, The Grounds Guys LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent The Grounds Guys® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither The Grounds Guys LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)